The world may look a little different right now, but one thing hasn’t changed: The Alzheimer’s Association’s commitment to ending Alzheimer’s. This year, Walk to End Alzheimer’s® is everywhere — on every sidewalk, track and trail.
The health and safety of the Knoxville community are top priorities for the Alzheimer’s Association. Therefore, the Walk to End Alzheimer’s in Knoxville, originally scheduled for October 3 at Zoo Knoxville, will not be a large in-person gathering this year. Instead, the Alzheimer’s Association is inviting the Knoxville community to walk in small teams of friends and family while others in your community do the same.* Because no matter where participants are walking, we’re all still working toward the same thing: a world without Alzheimer’s and all dementia.
The Alzheimer’s Association has created an experience that captures everything the Knoxville community loves about Walk — plus fun new surprises, including:
– Colorful flags we’re sending you to show your commitment to the cause. Display them in your yard or windows, and carry them with you when you walk!
– An opening ceremony that you can watch online before walking on your local sidewalk, track or trail.
– An updated Walk app with new features so you can track your steps and hear messages of support as you walk.
– Walk Mainstage, a virtual experience where you can visit sponsor booths, connect with other participants, top fundraisers and VIPs, and learn about
– A view-only Promise Garden at Zoo Knoxville.